Rumi, also known as Mawlānā, is one of the world’s greatest poets of all time.
On top of that, he’s my favorite.
Born in the city of Balkh, located in Northern Afghanistan, this mystical man was heavily influenced by Sufism and had a deep love for humanity.
Throughout the centuries, his poems and quotes have sang to the hearts and souls of millions and millions of people… inspiring greater love, faith, comedy and humanity in the world.
In this episode of The Soulfully Optimized Life, I wanted to share my love for these quotes by Rumi.
Tune in below…
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/259900355″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
human being is a guest house
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn.
- “This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor…Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” ~ Rumi
- “Be like the sun for grace and mercy. Be like the night to cover others’ faults. Be like running water for generosity. Be like death for rage and anger. Be like the Earth for modesty. Appear as you are. Be as you appear.” ~ Rumi
- “This is love: to fly towards a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” ~ Rumi
- Click To Tweet: “We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.” ~ Rumi.
- “Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.” ~ Rumi
- “I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I’ve been knocking from the inside.” ~ Rumi
- “Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself.” ~ Rumi
- Click To Tweet: “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” ~ Rumi.
- “Respond to every call that excites your spirit.” ~ Rumi
- “What hurts you blesses you. Darkness is your candle.” ~ Rumi
- “You wander from room to room hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck!” ~ Rumi
- “Christian, Jew, Muslim, Shaman, Zoroastrian, Stone, Ground, Mountain, River, each has a secret way of being with the mystery, unique and not to be judged.” ~ Rumi
- “You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.” ~ Rumi
- “Here is a relationship booster that is guaranteed to work: Every time your spouse or lover says something stupid, make your eyes light up as if you just heard something brilliant.” ~ Rumi
- “Like a sculptor, if necessary, carve a friend out of stone. Realize that your inner sight is blind and try to see a treasure in everyone.” ~ Rumi
- “Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This Universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that.” ~ Rumi
- “God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.” ~ Rumi
- “Beyond our ideas of right doing and wrong doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the Soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about. Ideas, language, even the phrase “each other” doesn’t make sense anymore.” ~ Rumi
- “You are a volume in the divine book. A mirror to the power that created the Universe. Whatever you want, ask it of yourself. Whatever you’re looking for can only be found inside of you.” ~ Rumi
- “Give up to grace. The ocean takes care of each wave ’til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know.” ~ Rumi
- “My heart is so small, it’s almost invisible. How can you place such big sorrows in it? ‘Look,’ He answered. ‘Your eyes are even smaller, yet they behold the world.'” ~ Rumi
- “Moonlight floods the whole sky from horizon to horizon; how much it can fill your room depends on its windows.” ~ Rumi
You can find these quotes and more on my Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
And let me know…which of these quotes by Rumi is your favorite?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
4 thoughts on “22 Mystical Quotes By Rumi”
Pingback: 22 Soulfully Optimized Quotes For A Purpose-Driven Life
Pingback: 22 Inspirational Rumi Quotes And Their Meanings - Adam Siddiq
Pingback: 22 Inspirational Rumi Quotes And Their Meanings | Uplifting Content | Because the world needs more of it
Pingback: Radical Hospitality – tips, resources, & encouragement for low-footprint living
Comments are closed.